The Emergency Management Division focuses on preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery to all man-made and natural disasters. We strive to be prepared for any hazard that may effect Oconee County residents and/or their property. Our goal is to work to minimize hazard vulnerability and negative impact to the county during a disaster. We do this by having a proactive view on mitigation to reduce the effect of a disaster on our citizens during recovery. We foster strong partnerships with local businesses, adjoining counties and all agencies and special teams within the county to pool knowledge and resources. Effective emergency management relies on thorough integration of emergency plans at all levels of government and on non-government involvement.
Oconee County Emergency Management will provide for the protection of the people, property, and resources of the County by effectively planning and preparing for and responding to all types of emergencies and disasters.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Develop and maintain emergency plans and procedures to ensure the highest levels of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Develop and maintain mutual aid agreements with surrounding counties.
- Manage, maintain, and activate the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) when necessary.
- Direct the Oconee County Rescue Squad (eight divisions), the Special Rescue Team, and the County Dive Team.
- Coordinate the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
- Utilize effectively all resources in the County.
- Minimize the loss of life and/or injury to the population. Protect and conserve the County resources and facilities.
- Coordinate Homeland Security for the County.
- Coordinate the County Special Needs Task Force.
- Coordinate the County Animal Emergency Response Team (CART).
- Coordinate the Citizen’s Corp Council and the Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT).
- Coordinate county sheltering programs.
|Emergency Management Staff|
|Scott Krein - Director
|Adam Williams - Deputy Director
|Aymé Black - Administrative Asst.|
|Kim Pritchett - Secretary|
|Keith Wilbanks - Rescue Coordinator|
|Steven Adams - Assistant Rescue Coordinator||